Monday, January 17, 2011

The Jag's back home

Believe it or not, I'm going to give this blog another try. At the urgings of my good friend Rodney, I'm going to try to keep everyone who cares updated on the progress I make on my 64 E-Type.

It came back home from the paint shop last Saturday. I have to thank Rodney McDonald and Mike Darby for helping me get it home. Without them it would have been a real struggle, and would not have happened last Saturday. It wasn't a long trip, but the body was on a rolling cart and the bonnet was on a rotisserie, so it took two trips. It pretty much took all morning, afterward, their efforts were rewarded with lunch at Kravers. I think I got a pretty good deal.

I have gone over it with a fine toothed comb to find any imperfections. The painter said he can come by and fix them. Other than that, I have started putting the KoolMat in, again with Rodney's help. That little process is going pretty well. The KoolMat is some pretty neat stuff. I had a choice between KoolMat and DynaMat. The DynaMat is probably more popular, but the KoolMat seems to suit my needs a little better. DynaMat is used primarily for sound deadening. The KoolMat is a fiberglass backed silicone that will shield the interior from the road and engine heat. Something I care far more about than sound deadening. It has to be caulked with silicone caulk and I'm a lousy caulker. Fortunately it will all be covered with carpet.

Short blog, but it's a start. I'm going to attempt to keep this going this time. It's easier than constantly updating my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment