Wow! It's been quite a while since I posted anything on the blog. I have been working on my regular job a good bit, but I have also been slowly progressing on the Jag.
Since my last post, I have completed the wiring, all but strapping everything to the frames. It's just hung temporarily with Zip Ties at this point.
I have started work on getting the bumpers mounted. I had to take the rear overriders to the chrome shop. Originally, I had no intention of carrying the restoration this far, but now everything is looking so good, things like the overriders that were "good enough" are no longer up to standard. I got them back the other day and have gotten one of the rear bumpers mounted. It's not an easy thing to get right, I have it close now.
I have reconditioned and installed the vacuum reservoir.
I finally, after a number of attempts, have gotten the heater box faired and painted to suit me. I've now gotten it all put back together and ready to take its place on the bulkhead just next to the brake assembly. All that work, and I'll probably never turn the heater on. ha ha ha
After installing the Zero Clearance in the transmission tunnel, I installed it in the tunnel cover also. I'll top it off with KoolMat then the carpet and I might need to turn that heater on after all.
I decided to pull the fuel tank out, first because I realized that I couldn't reach the center bumper bolt with it installed (embarrassing) but now that it's out, I went ahead and put KoolMat in the boot for insulation and sound deadening and after learning a little more about the Ethanol content in our fuel now, I might get it coated inside with a coating that will not be affected by the alcohol. I still have some research to do on the subject. Any input from you readers is welcomed.
Hopefully I'll be posting a little more frequently now.