Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wires, Wires, Wires

This is probably going to be a short post.  I'm pooped.  I have been working on the wiring for that last day and a half (off & on).  I got the fuse panel wired, that was pretty easy,  Since I am awaiting the gauge seals from Nisonger, I can't connect any of the wires to the instrument panel just yet. So, instead, I started taping labels on the wires when I figured out which one went where.  It's coming along well, I have nearly all of them marked and the ones that aren't are the ones that are pretty obvious.  Having Stuart here working on his Stag has been a big help.  He just happens to be an Electrical Engineer so he's pretty good at reading a schematic.  Rodney came over earlier this evening and helped me run the wires to the back of the car.  Then he watched me wander around looking for one part and then another.  It seems that I have lost every part of this car at one time or another...  I think someone is just messing with me by hiding stuff.  I finally rounded up all the parts for the headlight buckets and started on putting them together.  I'll probably finish that first thing in the morning.







Yesterday, the guy that was doing the welding on my aluminum radiator called and said it was done.  I went and picked it up.  He did an outstanding job.  I had taken my old radiator to him as a pattern for the lower hose connection.  He not only changed the angle like I wanted, he put a larger, heavier pipe on it so that the original equipment hose would work perfectly.  In addition he added a drain.  I am very pleased.




 Tomorrow is going to be mostly a housekeeping day.  I have such a mess in the garage and everything needs to be put back in it's place.  It'll also help me start to find all that lost stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment