Thursday, February 17, 2011

The New Brakes Are Here

FedEx arrived at my door early today, in fact, a day earlier than I was expecting them.  Uryk at E-Type Fabs in the UK sent me a pair of new front disks and calipers.  Uryk is a real artist.  He built the frames that are on my car.  I was so impressed with their quality, that I actually have gone into business with him.  It's in it's infant stages right now, but because of our arrangement,  he is now able to offer the many (and expanding) special products designed and built specifically for the Jaguar E-Type without having to play the 'Currency Exchange Rate" game.
In addition, I will be available to answer questions, offer assistance and take orders at times that are more convenient for the U.S. customers.  In the future we will be stocking many products here in the U.S. as well, being able to have quicker deliveries than from the U.K.  Aside from his frames, another product that Uryk builds is brakes, specifically designed for the E-Type.  A set of which I received this morning.  They, like the frames are a work of art.  combining beauty with a definite functional, muscular look.

I couldn't wait to get them out of the box this morning, until now, all I had seen was pictures. They actually looked better in person.  I unpacked them and took a few pictures, then I went about mounting them to the hubs that were originally on my car.  As with everything Uryk makes, they fit perfectly and painlessly.  In fact, you can even get a socket on the nut holding the disk to the hub. If you have ever removed the disk from the hub, you will know that getting a socket on the back side is nearly impossible, I had to wedge a screwdriver between the disk and the nut to hold it because the nut was too close to the edge of the disk.  I feel certain that I'm not the only one that has experienced this.  I replaced the old bearings and seal. I packed the new bearings with grease and slipped them on their respective spindles...  constantly reminding myself which side is the "near side".  :-)   Again, they fit perfectly and with the slotted and vented disks, they looked great.  I have no doubt that they will perform just as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'll get the hang of this someday! It looks like you have found a quality supplier!! JFR

    ReplyDelete