Sunday, August 21, 2011

Moquette... Hardura... Cantrail... Brits do speak a foreign language

I'm pretty tired, I have accomplished a good bit this week even though I have had a fair amount of work to do on my "real" job.  Working on the upholstery is not something I have ever done and I don't feel real comfortable doing it.  I have been plesantly surprised at how it is turning out.  I'm not going to spend a lot of time typing here tonight, but here are a number of pics showing what I have managed to accomplish.Today was a long day.




Upper Cantrail
This cover goes over an access hole in the left rear wheel arch.  It gives access to some of the wiring and the fuel filler tube.

This is a little pocket that was in the quarter panel one on each side behind the seats. I discovered them when I pulled the old upholstery out.  I just HAD to use them but to do so I had to modify the two quarter panel pieces.  Evidently only the early E-Types had them.  These were evidently covered over by a previous owner.


Lower Cantrails
All of the panels are covered
Rodney has been a tremendous help.

Installing the Moquette on the wheel arch.

Maybe I can finish it tomorrow after I help Rodney install his garage door opener that got hit by lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment